Friday, June 29, 2012


I was released from the hospital today.  Brandon and I arrived home by noon.

Last night we didn't have anyone bringing us dinner up to the hospital so I braved ordering from "room service."  I kept it simple and ordered a personal pepperoni pizza, salad with ranch dressing, and chocolate chip cookies.  While I was waiting on my food to arrive I started feeling extremely tired and hungry.  B opened me up some graham crackers and I ate them, but I then started feeling faint.  Within a few minutes, my meal arrived and I could barely eat.  We reclined my bed back and it took a lot out of me just to eat.  It was such a strange exhausted feeling.  I managed to eat my salad and pizza and then went straight to sleep.  After sleeping for about 25 minutes, my nurse (one of the head nurses) came in to wish me well and she could tell that something was off with me.  We told her what had happened and she said that she believed that my blood pressure had bottomed out.  She told me to be careful getting up after laying down.  As the shift changed and the new nurse took my blood  pressure, it mysteriously went up and was elevated.  Go Figure! We already knew that I was an odd bird.  HeeHee

There was nothing worth watching on tv, so I chose to watch Fireproof.  If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it!

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I spent a lot of time in prayer for the most part.

This morning, we had to wait a little while for Dr. Allemand to finish between surgeries to come in and give us our update. All of my labwork from today looked GREAT.  I told him that I was nervous about having the catheter removed, so he asked if I would rather him do it.  Of course I said yes.  Within less than five minutes, it was out and I was giving him a big hug.  We have been greatly blessed by having such a great doctor.

 It took no time at all for us to be discharged.  I am glad to be at home.  Paula, Mackey, and Nicole brought us dinner tonight. Once I got home I had to clear the table of all of my fertility drugs.  I thought I was ok, but I broke down and cried HARD once I saw all of it.  Dad and Brandon both helped me organize everything and put it in a box.  We'll be needing those Progesterone shots soon enough with our upcoming FET.

I have so much more that I want to say right now, but I'm so tired.  My body is still aching all over.  Thank you for reading.


  1. Get some rest and enjoy your time being home. Everyday you will continue to get stronger and closer to getting a baby.

  2. Glad to hear you're safely home... look after yourself and lots of thoughts from afar xoxo

  3. I'm glad you're home and healing. I hope things continue to improve for you and you're back to your healthy self soon. When will you have a follow up appointment with your RE? I hope he has some great news for you about your FET! (I've read that FETs can have a higher success rate than fresh cycles. I hope that means yours will be your lucky cycle!)

  4. I'm so sorry things didn't work out as planned, but they will in God's time. We know he is in control. You and Brandon are so strong and will both make such great parents when the time does come. And I feel confident it will. Tommy and I and our class will continue praying for you two and the frozen embryo! Be strong and do everything you can to get healty again and stay healthy and keep your positive attitude. Love you! RS

  5. I had moderate to severe OHSS, but didn't need to be hospitalized. Glad you're in the comforts of your own home to get some much need R&R. Your faith in the Lord is encouraging and will be praying for your upcoming FET.


Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments and support on our journey.

As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.
Psalm 71:14