Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day Two with the Kiddos

Two days down!  Woohoo!

The boys got up around 6:20 am, wait; Paul got up on time.  Paul is the oldest and is wise beyond his years. He got up and made sure to get the other two boys moving in the right direction.  Once they were awake they snacked on breakfast and headed out the door to meet the school bus.

Nesia slept til about 9 am or so.  She cries out in her sleep often, and I'm glad I've kept her before and knew this.  When she actually woke up I could hear her talking.  She hugged onto my hip and was ready for a sippy cup of milk.  We got dressed, packed a bag, and headed out.

It wouldn't be a true parenthood experience if I didn't get a call from the school on the first day.  Luke hurt his foot during PE and my heart was racing waiting on the nurse to get to the phone to talk to me.  Thankfully he was alright, but they wanted to call "home" to let someone know before he got home.  He said he was fine to stay at school, although part of me wanted to rush to his aid at school.  I'm kinda attached to Joy's kids at this point.

Nesia and I went over to see Liz for a play date with H.  We had such a great time!
H enjoyed sharing his toys with Nesia

They were precious eating snack at the little table

Such a fun little girl
Liz had planned on cooking some lunch for H, but he wanted nuggets and fries!  When he says that he means that he wants Chick-fil-A!  We split some chicken nuggets and fries and little girl had no idea that we were about to play.  Nesia seemed nervous about the play place at first, but H was right there with her so she went on in and played.
She didn't climb all the way in (thankfully) but enjoyed the big stairs that were close to the floor.  If she had climbed in I don't think I would have been able to get her out.
She loved the wheel.  Nesia is pretty easy to please and probably would have stayed there all day long.  But when I told her it was time to go she was ready to put on her shoes and go "outside."  (She associates shoes with outside).

Since we were in Alabaster, I dropped by the store to see the girls.  They all know Nesia and were amazed at how big she had gotten since they had seen her last.  She ran around the store and looked at all of the jewelry saying "pretty" over and over again.

On the way home she conked out!
We went ahead and woke her up around 5 pm because Uncle B was dying to play with Sia.  I cooked some white pasta while the two of them played.  She's such a great eater! Brandon laughed because he didn't think she'd ever stop eating so he could.  She saw a snack sized bag of chips and acted like she wanted those after eating almost as much pasta as me!  I decided to get out a yogurt parfait instead and she devoured it.  It was so sweet because she snuggled in my lap in the recliner while I fed it to her.

Of course once the yogurt was finished she was up and moving again.  She loves playing with her Uncle B.
He downloaded a game that makes different sounds when you touch the pictures.  It was funny to watch Nesia imitate the animal sounds!
We took a bath since we played hard with H at his house and Chick-fil-A and then started winding down for bedtime.  She had her cup of milk and rocked with Uncle B.  He got up and walked around with her and then placed her in the pack-n-play.  She rooted around for a little bit with a few whimpers but no tears.  She was asleep in no time!

After that Brandon and I both went to bed.  It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.  Keeping up with the kids is hard work, especially when you're 33.5 weeks pregnant. =)


  1. They sure are keeping you busy.

  2. How fun! Looks like you are enjoying it!

  3. Looks busy but fun! You're doing a great job!


Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments and support on our journey.

As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.
Psalm 71:14